On the spotlight is another drugstore brand from London -- Kiko Cosmetics.
Its the first time that i got to try this brand, and I loved their Water Blush Cheekstains at first sight! :)
I was a fan of cheekstains as well, but i hated how hard it is to work with cheekstains coz you need to make sure your cheek is well moisturized, and you have to make sure you blend the blush quickly after dotting it or else it would leave a mark on the spot where you initially dotted it.
Also, some cheekstains emphasize the size of the pores, some doesnt look natural and some are that pigmented that it would be easy to overdo.
Again, this one's an exception, Im starting to love the quality of products from UK, that even the drugstore brands have better quality than mid-end American brands ive already tried.
The formula has a texture of light gelcreme, i assume its water based since upon contact with the fingers or cheeks, it instantly melts and makes blending a breeze. Dot it, leave it for a few seconds and blend it, it wouldnt leave a streak on the skin. The colors ive tried so far are Pretty Pink and Berry Sparkle.
- this one is clean baby pink with a subtle hint of silver and gold shimmer.
I used to love posietint but it tends to leave a "map" of where i dotted it if i fail to blend it rightaway, so this won me over, i love how it blends to a perfect flush that looks natural. This would work best with people who are NC30 and lighter. For those with darker complexions, im afraid this might not show up unless you do a little more layering to build the intensity of color.
- berry red with fine gold specks
I also love this since it gives a warm flush, the shimmer, when applied isnt really evident unless you look at it closely. This is the more versatile color in my opinion, it looks great on people with light to medium skintones, and looks as equally gorgeous on people with nc35 and darker skintones.
Overall, i love this product, prolly the best cheekstain ive ever tried. I just wish these can be used for the lips as well.
Would I repurchase? Probably not of these 2 shades, since i still have 3 tubes of each shade at hand. :)
But I wanna try 02 Mandarin Fizz, since the color looks interesting, peachy-pink I think.
That wraps up my review for my new HG Cheekstains.
But wait, before I end this entry, lemme share how I work with my cheekstains.
3 steps/tips to make your Cheekstain look more natural :
1. Moisturize your face. To help you avoid having patches of cheekstain marks on the cheeks.
2. Use a moistened foundation brush to blend your cheekstain, not your fingers as your fingers tend to put pressure on the cheek making it redder than normal, meaning - you would tend to rub off more product than to deposit it onto the cheek for a healthy flush of color.
3. Put cheekstain little by little rather than slathering a huge amount at once, its easier to build up the color than to redo your makeup once youve overdone your cheekstain.
Live, Love, Stay Fab!!