The Gorgeous Peeps


Thursday, September 8, 2011

SKiN DOCTORS Cosmeceuticals EYE TUCK


I stay up late most of the time, so Im really prone to developing eyebags (or should i say luggages? LOL!) and it looks really ugly when my eyes look all puffy and tired from staying up late. 

So today Im gonna share my take on my HG Eye Cream from SkinDoctors Cosmeceuticals, I knew about this product thru my mom, I wasnt really a fan of nightcreams and eyecreams before but since I noticed the significance of having well-rested eyes in my overall look, I decided to consider my mom's advice in following her regimen before going to bed. 





The product comes in a sleek plastic pump-bottle that holds 15ml of the eye cream, I like the packaging since it looks classy and simple. Nothing too fancy. 

The only issue I have with this is the size of the bottle, I find the packaging too bulky for the amount it contains, its quite surprising that a bottle this big only holds 15ml of eye cream. 



Each full pump dispenses the right amount of cream that can be sufficient for both eyes already.



The cream bears a heavy consistency, close to the texture of Ponds Cold Cream, but dont let the consistency fool you, this eye cream gets absorbed by the skin really fast and it doesnt leave a greasy/oily finish. Perfect to be used prior to makeup application. 

It is also unscented, no makeuppy or medicinal scent at all. 

Sharing a few nice-to-know infos about eyebags (taken from the Skindoctors page)

Why do I have puffy eye bags?
One of the main reasons a person suffers with under-eye bags is due to water pooling in this area.

How does Eyetuck work?
Eyetuck contains a proprietary ingredient ‘Eyeseryl’ that helps under-eye bags by visibly reducing pooled water in the under-eye area. Tests on Eyeseryl were performed on female volunteers to assess its effect on skin smoothness, puffiness, and the appearance of congestion. Skin moisturisation was measured with a corneometer and skin elasticity was measured with an elastometer.
Both moisturisation and the appearance of elasticity were seen to increase whilst the appearance of puffy under-eye bags was shown to decrease in 95% of the volunteers.

Will Eyetuck help reduce the dark circles under my eyes?
No. Eyetuck has been specifically engineered to help with the appearance and texture of puffy eyes by making them appear visibly decongested. Dark circles are caused by capillaries or pigmentation in the skin – if you have dark circles you may wish to try a product Eyecircle which has been specifically designed to help reduce the appearance of dark circles.

How long do I need to use Eyetuck before I see results?
In tests 95% of volunteers achieved the optimal desired result after 60 days of applying the cream twice a day.
A visible improvement should be apparent in as little as 15 days.

I use this product once a day (before bedtime) and it sure does make my eyes less puffy the next morning. I use this in tandem with my St Ives Eye Stress Gel for added relief for tired eyes. 


The SkinDoctors website listed the Active Ingredients but not the full ingredients list. 
Not sure if thats good or bad but I just love this product since it works in depuffing my tired  eyes.

• Eyeseryl A proprietary ingredient that is scientifically named Tetrapeptide-5. Eyeseryl has been shown to have a draining effect on the area under the eyes, and as a result helps to visibly decongest the area, removing excess water that has pooled there. Tests on Eyeseryl were performed on female volunteers to assess its effect on skin smoothness, puffiness, and the appearance of congestion. The appearance of puffy under-eye bags was shown to decrease in 95% of the volunteers.

• Apricot Oil Apricot Oil has moisturising and revitalising properties, perfect for caring for drying or ageing skin of the delicate eye area. It is known for its ability to penetrate the skin without leaving an oily feel. 

• Shea Butter Shea Butter comes from the Shea nut which is inside the fruit of the Karite (Shea) tree. It is a superior moisturiser that has been used as an anti-ageing skincare ingredient in African countries for centuries.


Thoroughly clean your face and pat dry. Apply sparingly underneath to the affected areas starting at the inside corner patting outwards.



My skin loves it, no breakouts from it and no formation of milia (whitish spots) around the eyes. 


Definitely backup worthy. <333


12 months. One bottle can last me about 4 months
(used 1x a day, one full pump each use) 


The price is pretty steep, a bottle sells for $50.00, but it does wonders so I dont really mind. Instead of paying an ample amount of money on something that wont do much good, Id rather spend moolah on products like this. :) 


and I think Rustans carry the brand, Im not sure about the local pricing though. 


*******

How about you, whats your favorite eye cream? 


Thanks for droppin by! 


Live, Love and Stay Fab! 

2 comments:

  1. thank you! i hope justifiable ang mark up ng Rustans...ill try to find this..

    bisous,
    sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like one hell of an amazing product; but it's expensive lalo pa kaya if it's priced here in PH. Good thing I don't have super puffy eyes. Natatago pa ng foundation. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading whats inside the Pink Thought Bubble ©

My readers inspire me to write better, would love to hear your questions & suggestions. Feel free to drop a comment.

Peace and Love!!
Dee (BabyJapRN)