The Gorgeous Peeps


Sunday, September 25, 2011

MiLANi Color Perfect Lipstick -- 16A Bing Cherry

Close this window
image courtesy of Milani Cosmetics website 

Was supposed to do this tomorrow, but decided to share my review for the Milani Color Perfect Lippie in Bing Cherry now, like I mentioned on the last part of my previous post (Mango Mambo), I was a bit disappointed with this one since I relied too much on a swatch that I saw online which looks very far from the actual color of this lipstick. 
(not blaming anyone, I know its my fault, was expecting too much ^_^)


Note : Will just copy some parts of the review from the previous entry since theyre just the same on some categories. 



Milani is a drugstore brand in the U.S, I dunno when the brand started to get a bit famous but I assume its prolly when they released makeup shades that are excellent dupes for branded makeup. 

 The frosted goldish-silver or silvery-gold (?!) plastic tube looks blah. Didnt disappoint me though since its a drugstore brand anyway and it wont cost you much to buy this from its regular price, you just get what you pay for.

Overall, I dont mind having drugstore lippies with packaging that doesnt look attractive since what Im usually after is the contents, if the product itself would impress me, then I wont mind buying this item again.  



What it says on the website : 

"A creamy-smooth, full-coverage, lustrous lipcolor that makes lips look and feel magnificent! The unique contour tip perfects lip shape with a more precise application. "


True that, the formula is indeed creamy, smooth, highly pigmented and has a hint of sheen. 
Please note that the frost ones got feedbacks that they feel gritty when applied. 

One important thing I learned when I got this lipstick in the mail is : Dont rely too much on online swatches. There are a lot of factors that need to be considered that affects the color that you see on screen. 

I was expecting Ferrari red, but instead, I got this deep red color that's similar to this : 

credits : zphotoblog

staying true to its name -- Bing Cherry 


WARNING : Raw pictures ahead. :D Edited just to add borders and watermarks, so pardon the lady 'stache that I tried to hide on the previous post. LOL! 

Here's the swatch under natural daylight : 

Swatch under indoor fluorescent light : 


The color isnt ugly, but I guess its too deep/strong for me that it makes me look masungit. 

Thats what I mean when I said that we should know how to choose the right color to suit our skintone and undertone. More than that, choose a lippie shade that would enhance your look rather than a color that would make your features too strong. This is a very nice color but sadly, it doesnt look right for me, I feel that it doesnt suit me well. Its not something that I can wear comfortably. 



This shade leaves a dark stain on the lips, make sure you use a sheer coat of lip balm underneath to minimize staining. That being said, I think its also necessary to use a lipliner before applying this to confine the color in your lips and prevent it from bleeding. 


It lasts for about 4-5 hours with little retouching needed.


Honestly, no. Unless you like this shade. 


12 months.

$ 5.49
Got this on ebay.ph for Php 100.00 


US Drugstores
eBay.ph 
and probably Milani Resellers in the Philippines 
(thru eBay or Multiply -- DigitalTraincase


***

More reviews in the coming days! :) 

Thank you for droppin' by! <3 

XOXO,  

4 comments:

  1. So red. I'm still searching for the perf red lipstick for me because so far, none has looked great on me :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ayan na naman! kainis ka.. why does your lips look like that! Grrr.. Pardon my pervy thoughts.. pero pwede kagatin! lol!

    P.S
    I love this shade! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Gellie Abogado : deep reds dont work on me, bright reds look nice naman sakin, i look old kasi with wine-y or mga deep red colors. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lil Ole Moi : Nyahaha! :D mwah! Kaaliw ka Raine! Ikaw nga ang ganda e! Parang crush na kita, nyahaha! :D

    Now since you like this shade, Im gonna have to think of ways to make this work on me, baka nasindak lang ako sa pagka-dark nya. haha!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading whats inside the Pink Thought Bubble ©

My readers inspire me to write better, would love to hear your questions & suggestions. Feel free to drop a comment.

Peace and Love!!
Dee (BabyJapRN)