The Gorgeous Peeps


Monday, July 11, 2011

Frugal Find : DAiSO Charcoal Cleansing Cream


The first Daiso beauty product Ive tried is the Charcoal Masque, my cousin brought home a tube from Dubai and I never knew that there were beauty products sold in our local Daiso stores here in the Philippines. After doing a little research, I found out that the local Daiso store is just a dupe of the famous Daiso Store in Japan, that explains why they sell japanese stuff but not ones that are exclusively made for the original Daiso stores. 


A little background about the brand, Daiso is a one-stop hyakuen shop for almost anything you can imagine, housewares, stationery, school supplies, toys, beauty stuff, bags, gardening stuff, pet clothes, pet supplies and other whatnots all at one price, 100 yen or Php 85.00 (hence the name hyakuen). All the stuff sold in the original Daiso Store are exclusively made for them, so theres no way to find similar ones elsewhere (unless of course from online resellers). 

There are a lot of copycat stores here and abroad, and since a local Japanese Store wants to hitch on the popularity(sorry, have to be honest here), they registered under the business name Daiso. That explains why the Official Local Retailer of Daiso in the Philippines needed to register under a different business name which is Saizen

I shared this information with everyone else on GirlTalk which prompted everyone to be more interested with the brand, it even reached the point that their charcoal masks were always out of stock because of GT. hahaha!

And because I swear by their Charcoal Masque, I gained interest in trying other products from the same Charcoal line, they have 2 more charcoal products : The Charcoal Cleansing Cream which Im about to review now and The Cleansing Foam which Im about to review tomorrow. 



The Charcoal Cleansing Cream comes in 80gram tubes. 

I like that the tube comes sealed so we're guaranteed to get fresh contents when we purchase. 




The grey cream has teeny charcoal bits. The formula is smooth, no rough particles of charcoal, very easy to spread and it sorta melts on the skin. 

Charcoal has good cleansing properties according to studies thats why some Beauty Product Manufacturers nowadays come up with skincare products that have charcoal in it. 

The scent is quite floraly-fresh, its perfumed but not too strong coz my nosie can tolerate the smell. In fact, I actually like the scent. 



The Bad : The ingredients are printed in Japanese characters. No english translation. But it didnt stop me from trying this product out. LOL!



Just like any other cleansing creams in the market, smother your face with an ample amount of the product, let it soak for a little while and wipe off with tissue or a moist towelette. 

This is when the color of the cream becomes a disadvantage for lazy people like me, I sometimes get too lazy to wash my face after using cleansing creams that I just end up dozing off after wiping the cream off my face, and because of the color of the cream, its really hard to figure out if youve already wiped every trace of makeup off your face. 

The best remedy for this is to still wash your face afterwards just like what it says on the instructions.



Theres more good to this product though than the bad since I didnt breakout after using this to cleanse makeup off my face and dozing off after without washing.

It doesnt claim to have moisturizing properties but it makes my skin feel soft and supple the next morning after washing my face. Love! 




Im keeping a tube as a backup for this, and Im planning to get more on my next trip to Saizen. :) 


After opening, a tube would be good to keep on your beauty shelf for about a year, but since its good, Im sure it would stay no more than 2months on my shelf since I think Im gonna use this product often. 


of course, since its from the popular Hyakuen Store Saizen, 





Saizen Ali Mall
Lower Ground Floor, Ali Mall, Araneta Center, Quezon City
(02)911 5745 / (02) 913 9804

Saizen Galleria
3rd Level, East Wing, Robinsons Galleria, Quezon City
(02) 395 2053 / (02) 395 2831

Saizen Marquee
3rd Level, Marquee Mall, Angeles, Pampanga
(045) – 304 1130

Saizen Trinoma
Level 1 (Inside True Value), TriNoma Mall, Quezon City
(02) 901 3095

Saizen Pavilion Mall
Ground Level, BiƱan, Laguna
(049) 411 2124

NEW! SAIZEN ROBINSONS ABREEZA MALL
3rd Level, Inside Robisons Department Store
Robinsons Abreeza Mall, Davao City


***********


I love Saizen, I couldnt stand going to Robinsons Galleria without dropping by their store. 

Do you like Saizen Beauty Products?
What are your faves? 


Live, Love and Stay Fab! 

3 comments:

  1. lovely review :D i hope i can drop by galleria soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try this out soon, thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @aMz88 : the products from the charcoal line are must-haves, well at least for me. :) If you havent gone to Saizen yet, you should, real soon coz Saizen shopping is fun! <3 <3 <3

    @Patty B. :

    you're welcome! <3 <3 <3 im sure your little girl will love the trinkets they have there. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading whats inside the Pink Thought Bubble ©

My readers inspire me to write better, would love to hear your questions & suggestions. Feel free to drop a comment.

Peace and Love!!
Dee (BabyJapRN)