The Gorgeous Peeps


Monday, October 17, 2011

New Love : NYX Tango With Bronzing Stix

*stockphotos found in this blog entry courtesy of NYX website*

Im a big fan of gleamy-glowy-iridescent makeup, and I finally got my long-time lemming! 
(Read my Lemming Post HERE)

I have some open/large pores in my cheek area and some on my T-Zone, but that doesnt hinder me from using shimmery makeup when everyone else would say that people with oily skin + open pores must use matte makeup to avoid emphasizing the size of the "manholes". LOL 

I guess its just about choosing the right kind of product or should I say choosing products that dont give the discoball-ish kind of sheen since thats what you dont wanna have, right? 
A hint of sheen on the apples of my cheeks, and on other key areas make my complexion look healthier, for some reason, it even makes my face look smoother and my overall look appear more polished. 

Wasnt expecting much from NYX Tango with Bronzing Stix, I wanted them just for the sake of trying them out and for the special love for shimmer. I must say the product surpassed my expectations, I never thought something this cheap could be really nice that it can be comparable to the much more pricier products that I have. 

Have to quit this blahblah and proceed to the review. ^_^ 

(just a random thought : im such a loser, ive had my lightbox for about 2 months now and I havent even bought lights for it yet. LOL!) 

*Hop!*



The packaging is a winner. I just love it. 






From the box to the thing itself, it looks like a hundred bucks, right? It looks expensive! :D 
I really dont mind the attempt to channel the packaging of Guerlain stuff, but NYX did a great job on these bronzing sticks (stix?). 

The tubes are big and chubby. Contains a lot of product (15grams) that would take you forever to use up, Im sure.  But its not impossible to hit the bottom of the stick since its THAT good that youll get hooked to using it. 

Im a fan!  


*Humility Off* 
I wanna commend myself for doing a great job in taking these photos regardless of the bad lighting and the wrinkly bond paper I used as the base LOL!
In fairness, improving naman ako, diba? Bwahaha!
*Humility On* 

I got TWBS in 2 shades : 01 Tango and Highlight and 02 Merenge Flush
(NYX had a typo on 02, its supposed to say Merengue/Meringue. Ah ewan. Basta 02 sya. Haha!)


They're both pretty, right? 


I cant remember exactly if they can be dupes for 2 of NARS' multiples 
(Copacabana & Orgasm) since I disposed my multiples a long time ago, had problems with how fast they turn rancid. Couldnt take the smell though theyre still good to use. 

Compared to NARS, I think I like NYX TWBS better because of the ease of blending and the subtle-ness of the color. They blend to a smooth, glowy, natural finish. 


TWBS 01 Tango & Highlight in detail.
I would describe the color as toasted beige with hints of gold, silver and apricot shimmer. 
I love the effect this gives even when used alone on key areas of my face on top of tinted moisturizer or foundie. 


TWBS 02 Merenge Flush in detail 
This one looks pretty similar to NARS Orgasm except that the color payoff is more sheer and more pinky than peachy. 
I would describe the shade as a coral - apricot hybrid with hints of pink and gold shimmer.
Works great as a blush. Lovely even when worn alone or when used as a blush base. 


And of course, the swatches. :) 





Both shades blend nicely. The formula is very creamy and dries to a lightweight, powdery finish. I give NYX 10 stars for this and I think I wanna get 03 and 04 as well. :)

Its available in 4 shades by the way. 


03 Bronzy Lambada 
04 Cha Cha with Sun God



Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Propylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Microcrystalline Wax, Ozokerite, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Beeswax, Methylparaben, and Propylparaben. MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), D&C Red 7 (CI 15850), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492) , Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), or Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499).

It has parabens, but I guess it really cant be avoided since most cosmetic products in the market have parabens in them. 


I have several ways to use these bronzing stix : 

1. Use them as blush base. Adds more character and gives extra lasting power for powder blushes. Make sure to blend properly to make the shades marry and appear more natural. 

2. Apply on key areas of the face to highlight. Darker shades may be used to contour. 

3. Use them alone to add glow or to add a subtle pop of color on the cheeks. 


Manila weather is cooler nowadays, this lasts about 5 hours on me, beyond that, minor retouching would be needed. 


Been using the product for 3 consecutive days already, no breakouts, no irritation. So its safe to say that my skin loves the product too! :) 


Im wishing they come up with more shades for this product. 
If they discontinue production for this product, then I would say its definitely backup worthy. 



It says 9 months. This could prolly keep longer if used hygienically or if stored in cool, dry places to prolong its lifespan and to preserve the integrity of its components. 

$10.00 each
or roughly around 
Php450.00



NYX Website
US Drugstores



Tried these bronzing sticks? Whats your take on them? :) 

Happy Monday Evening, Lovelies! 

14 comments:

  1. these does look expensive! i too have oily skin and i stay away from dewy-effect makeup but once in a while i indulge myself especially if i know i won't be perspiring. great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Patty B. : would love to post FOTDs kung wala lang akong stalker na nagmomonitor nitong blog ko to fish for photos. Hahaha! :D Ill see what I can do about that though, kahit half face lang. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh! They look really pretty! Nice sheen to it... ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this product looks interesting (: i really want to try nyx products

    CMPang x
    http://maisecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. they're super pretty! based on your swatches they're kind of look similar to the Elf All Over Color stick in Golden Peach.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @bee. : I love the sheen! <333 It makes my complexion look better even on pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Jackie : go try them! <3 Im gonna get me 3 and 4 since they look nice on the pictures too! haha! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Mai : do you have local nyx sellers back there? nyx products are love! <3 You should try them real soon! :) Great blog by the way, I followed you back. *virtual hug*

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Hollie : Ive tried ELF before, had it in pink lemonade, love the color but didnt quite like the high hulas factor, wala dito nung oily/greasy feel, mas better yung effect ng NYX when blended. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i luv it so much!! my color is the #1. just perfect to highlight my dark complexion. i think it might be a dupe for watt's up, from benefit.
    kisse from brazil :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. great, GREAT review, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey! :D This do look really cute, but, do they have that shimmer like, glitter? im a guy but i like highlighters and i don't want unnatural glitter on my face; do you think this really look natural? Thanks! :D

    Hahaha <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading whats inside the Pink Thought Bubble ©

My readers inspire me to write better, would love to hear your questions & suggestions. Feel free to drop a comment.

Peace and Love!!
Dee (BabyJapRN)