The Gorgeous Peeps


Thursday, February 2, 2012

What Got Me Hooked..

Histories behind these tiny things got me interested and got me hooked in collecting them, back in May 2011, I started with this : 


Barely had around 15 charms in my loot, I bought these not to keep them for a collection but to give them away as pasalubongs from my HongKong trip. They got lost in the storage though so I wasnt able to give them away to my friends. November 2011, I started browsing Facebook and came across selling pages for toys from Japan. And In barely a month, I was able to build my stash up to this : 


Not much as I only had around 40 at this time, and this shot was taken mid-December. 
To date, I was able to build my collection up to 421 to be exact. 
and this is how 421 Hello Kitty Charms look like : 


I remove the strings so theyd be less bulky to store. Theres still around 30-40 charms thats not included in the last photo though. Super lucky to have met friends on facebook who helped me get my hands on some Limited Edition ones. Not that Im trying to justify but these tiny things got my attention drawn away from buying makeup -- which I already have too much of and I guess it wouldnt be right if I stock up on more since Im rarely wear makeup lately. 

A lot of people would usually collect plushies or the stuffed ones but I cant have those since Im sensitive to dust. So having these tiny babies is the best option, aside from theyre too adorbs to look at, they dont eat up much space in the storage too, and they dont gather dust as long as the container's covered. I love that these charms are more detailed too than the plush toys since they hold their shape better. 

People are asking me, when would I stop collecting them? I prolly wouldnt. I plan to buy the books that tell the stories behind the designs of the charms and I plan to make trips to Japan just to help me complete the charms from the book. For the sake of those who doesnt have an idea, these charms are designed as symbols of the prefectures of Japan. Each popular thing on each destination gets represented by one charm design, and I plan to have them all. Kakaririn ko talaga to. LOL! 

Anyone here who collects charms too? I can share with you where I buy these stuff. Way cheaper than buying them from Gift Gate. *winks*

Friday na ulit bukas! Whats your plan for the weekend? 


Xoxo, 


22 comments:

  1. ang cute nilang lahat!!! i like!^^


    http://ilovemakeup68.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! ang dami sis.. and super cute!!!! love it to bits! nice collection you got there..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your collection is awesome!

    http://bucketofcoffee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! awesome collection! go go go sa pangangarir!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn, super dami na! ang cute!

    btw sis, have a quick question.
    I've been looking for Bourjois Makeup here in Philippines for the longest time still cant find one. Any idea where/which local online shop I can buy it from?

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOMAYGASH! Ang dami. I have a friend who adores Hello Kitty. This would definitely be an eye candy for her :))

    http://sugarsmile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You gave me an idea sis on what to collect if may baby girl na ako. Siguro habang preggy ako mag-collect na din ako para sa kanya and ipagpatuloy nya na lang dba?hehehe! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute. Pwede humingi? Hehe.

    Weeeeekend, pahinga daaays. Sa wakas! :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. my goodness gracious! That's a lot! I am not a huge HK fan but my mom is hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow so many hello kitty! ^^, I love hello kitty as well! I love you collection! ^^, BTW new follower here ^^,

    http://manikanghapon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow hello kitty..!! one of face cartoon charater when i was a kid!

    :P keep blogging

    http://www.krisnastassia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow! ang dami-dami naman! at ang cute nilang lahat!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ate e-mail me naman oh! Eto po e-mail ko, musiclalalalove@yahoo.com San niyo po ba nabibili ung mga stuff niyo? Ang cute po kasi eh! :'DD

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mag cocollect nga rin po sana ako eh! Kaso di ko po alam kung san maganda bilan kasi nga po sa sanrio mahal diba? San po ba maganda bumili? And di lang po sa charms kundi sa random cute stuff din po :))

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey sis! i read your e-mail napo saken :) i replied na rin po :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute! :D

    Check my blog!
    We have an ongoing giveaway. Please join. :)
    http://thelovedeity.blogspot.com/2012/05/end-of-summer-giveaway.html
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really Cute
    wow
    Thanks for sharing;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. nice collection.
    http://decoratediningroom.soup.io/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Where did you buy these charms??? I'm an avid Hello Kitty fan. ^_^ Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Where are you buying these? Would love to know because I'm an avid Hello Kitty fan. ^_^

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Where did you buy these charms??? I'm an avid Hello Kitty fan. ^_^ Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading whats inside the Pink Thought Bubble ©

My readers inspire me to write better, would love to hear your questions & suggestions. Feel free to drop a comment.

Peace and Love!!
Dee (BabyJapRN)